One of my fondest memories from college is the year I spent as an officer of the inaugural campus chapter of the National Women’s Political Caucus. Although I can’t remember what position I held (secretary?), it was a very exciting time.
In 1992, We helped get Senator Barbara Boxer and Senator Dianne Feinstein elected to their first terms not to mention breaking history when both California’s Senate seats were filled by women. We also helped Congresswoman Anna Eshoo win her first term in the House of Representatives. And all of this was topped off when President Bill Clinton was elected to his first term! It was a very good year.
Just this past week I learned that my DNA Direct colleague, Dr. Huijun Ring, is running for Foster City Council. It’s wonderful to know that capable women like Huijun are leading California’s communities.
I will work for you:
Maintain economic prosperity
• Support local businesses and attract new businesses to Foster City
• Ensure fiscal responsibility and maintain city budget reserve
Improve quality of life
• Advocate for a Community Education Center and a public high school
• Maintain the beauty of our parks and lagoons
• Promote green policies and practices for a healthier environment
Build strong community
• Promote involvement in city governance for people of diverse backgrounds
• Solicit community input from residents on city issues
If you live in Foster City, California or know of someone who does, I hope you’ll tell them about Dr. Huijin Ring and support her campaign come election day, Tuesday, November 6, 2007. Go, Huijun, go!