Generally speaking, I think I’m a pretty happy person. I laugh every day, I have my highs, and I feel satisfied with where my life is at right now. But I suppose everyone could be happier so I’ve decided to try the netmums.com Making Mums Happy program.
There are 14 daily tasks and they say we should have at least a 10% higher level of happiness after four weeks. I’ll post about my undertaking of the tasks as I go along. Anyone care to join me?
The 10 Basic Happiness Principles
- Count your blessings
- Have a good laugh every day
- Daily kindness ? do a good turn
- Treat yourself every day
- Cut TV viewing by half
- Say hello to a stranger
- Look after something you’ve planted
- Get physical
- Phone or talk to a friend
- Talk time ? an hour conversation with good friend or partner
Who says I’m not happy?
One of the tasks for day 1 is to make a list of 10 things I like about myself. Here goes…. I like that I am:
- A learner
- A person who can take a joke
- Taller than the average Asian female (although not so much among my friends)
- Not obsessed about my weight (broke free of this only after becoming a mom)
Care to share your list?
Pregnant Women with Girls are Batty...
New b5media Blog: Inside Motherhood...
Favorite British Treat – Chocolate Krispie Cakes...
Happy New Year, Everybody!...
Happy New Year...
Happy Birthday, Successful Blog!...
Happiness is a Crock (but Cal Ripken, Jr. is not)...
If your comment doesn't show up immediately, it's probably in moderation. I will approve it as soon as I can! Thanks for your patience.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.